Get an alcohol seller certification card online!


Certification in Utah

Professional Server Certification Corp's responsible serving® course Utah Logo Approvedhas been reviewed and approved by the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control for seller / server certification and server certification permits in Utah.

Do you need a license or permit to sell alcohol at a grocery store or convenience store in Utah? Take our state approved Utah E.A.S.Y. Training Course

Do you need a bartending license or permit to sell/serve alcohol for on premises consumption in Utah? Take our state approved UT Responsible Serving® course.

Both courses will go over all the required information for learning to sell and serve alcohol in Utah and provide state-specific certification. The Utah courses will cover topics such as how to spot someone who has been drinking too much, how to properly check IDs, and the responsibilities/liabilities of the server/seller. The courses feature interactive learning through audio, videos, and text. Each lesson of the course deals with different areas that a bartender, seller, or server in Utah needs to be familiar with. At the end of each lesson interactive flashcards help with retention of the important details, and the lesson quizzes test for knowledge of the area.

Utah was the second state in the US to require training for all on-site alcohol servers.  Utah has been licensing alcohol servers since 1987.  Both Utah training courses provided by Professional Server Certification Corp. are approved by the Utah Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control for the required alcohol seller/server training permit.

Who has to take the seminar? Source
NOTE: On the UT web site, the training is referred to as a "seminar"
Every individual who is employed to:
[A] Sell or furnish alcoholic beverages to consumers for consumption on the premises, or
[B] Manage or supervise the service of alcoholic beverages; must complete an Alcohol Server Training and Education Seminar.
  • Alcohol servers, managers, and supervisors must take and pass the seminar every three years.
  • Persons holding an ownership interest in an on-premise licensed establishment must also take the seminar if they perform duties as a manager, supervisor, or server. Source
Contact Information:
Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
Telephone: (801) 977-6800

Enroll Now

UT Responsible Serving®
Utah E.A.S.Y. Training

Utah Alcohol Seller and server certification